how to get | campus | by road | by bus | by train | by plane | in Vigo
how to get
The GSSI is placed at the Vigo University Campus (CUVI), in Telecomunication Engineering School (ETSET), in the Department of Telematics Engineering (DET).
See GSSI in a bigger map
There are three main roads to get to Vigo:
- The North-west highway (autovía del Noroeste) join Vigo with Madrid.
- The Rías Baixas highway goes from Vigo to North Portugal highway, passing Tui, Braga, Porto & Lisboa. This road joins with Vigo-Baiona highway.
- Finally, the Atlántico highway conects Vigo with North Galicia, passing Pontevedra, Santiago & A Coruña.
Distancce by road to the main cities:
Routes consulting(Vigo postal code: 36201)
Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT)
The bus station is placed in avenida de Madrid (street directory at Mappy, indicating postal code 36201). Main lines conect Vigo with Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao-San Sebastián-Irún, Asturias-Cantabria, Porto-Lisboa & Vitoria-Pamplona. There are also international lines withe Bélgica, Holanda, Alemania, Polonia, Inglaterra, Francia & Marruecos.
Bus station phone 986 373 411
Train station is placed at the city center (Find "Vigo Station" in Mappy, with postal code 36201) . As well as it links Vigo with nearby cities Ourense, Pontevedra, Santiago, A Coruña & Porto), there are trais each day to Madrid, Barcelona, León, Irún & Ponferrada.
Red Nacional de Ferrocarriles (RENFE)
Peinador airport is 10 km away from the city center. It has a large offer of regular flights to Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Canarias, Alicante, Sevilla, Valladolid, París, Copenhague & Frankfurt, as well as charter flights.
Airport phone 986 268 200
Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea (AENA)
Once in Vigo
To move in Vigo without a car there are two main opctions: buses and taxis. Buses
The public transport in Vigo is covered by Vitrasa (Viguesa de Transportes S.A.) since 1968. Vitrasa has approximately 50 lines that work from 6.00 to 23.00.
Lines tho the campus
- CUVI 1
Customer service 986 207 474
Routes map (only in spanish, sorry)
Three companies works in Vigo and you can get a taxi calling or going to one of the stops in the city.
Situation of the main taxi stops (find in Mappy)
Vigo Postal Code: 36201
- Avenida de Balaídos, 72 - 986 295 091
- Avenida de Castrelos, 1 - 986 232 188
- Avenida de Gran Vía, 25 - 986 420 670
- Calle del Conde de Torrecedeira, - 106 986 295 240
- Calle Grove, s/n - 986 299 998
- Plaza de Alameda Suárez Llanos, 5 - 986 232 099
- Calle de Urzáiz, s/n - 986 272 424